How to volunteer
Volunteers at the Women’s contribute to creating exceptional experiences for women and their families, offering their skills and energy where and when it is needed most. As a volunteer, you will complement our clinical and support services with your knowledge, enthusiasm, empathy and generosity.
Volunteers must be:
- Over the age of 18
- Friendly, enthusiastic, patient-centred and committed to creating exceptional experiences for every individual who walks through our doors
- Willing to act in accordance with the Women's policies and guidelines
- Able to commit to a minimum of one (1) regular shift or four (4) hours per week
- Able to commit to volunteering for a minimum of twelve (12) months
- Willing to undertake Police, Working with Children and reference checks (volunteers must not have a criminal history of violence, drug offences, sex offences or crimes against children).
- Become a valued member of the hospital team, playing a vital role within the Patient and Consumer Experience department to create exceptional experiences for our patients
- Have the opportunity to contribute their skills and experience, while also gaining new experiences, learning new skills and meeting new people
- Be provided with free car parking while on shift
- Be provided coffee and lunch vouchers while on shift.
- Receive ongoing training, development and support.
How to apply
If you would like to know more about volunteering at the Women's, please click here to fill out an application form and our Volunteer Program Team will contact you when we are next holding a Volunteer Information Session.