Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) program
Education for rural clinicians
The Maternity and Newborn Emergencies (MANE) Program draws together the clinical expertise of facilitators from:
- Maternity Services Education Program (MSEP), The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Paediatric Infant Perinatal Emergency Retrieval (PIPER) Service, The Royal Children’s Hospital
The program delivers specialised and tailored education to maternity and newborn care clinicians in level 2-4 Maternity Services throughout Victoria.
This multidisciplinary clinical education session is facilitated on-site within the hospital’s birth suite and clinical education area.
The purpose of the program is to build upon the existing internal clinical education and professional development in-situ at level 2-4 maternity services including Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT), through having ‘access to independent clinical expertise to help identify deficiencies in care and focus attention on opportunities for improvement’ – Targeting Zero (2016), recommendation 5.
Registration is open to doctors, midwives, nurses, paramedics and students.
CPD Points and Procedural Grants are available for attending this program. Download the 2018 MANE CPD Allocations document below.
Features of the MANE Program
- Simulated perinatal emergencies
- Provide external expertise to support internal PROMPT activities
- Practical workstations (Clinician Specific)
- Principles of teamwork resource management
- Site specific initiatives to improve clinical care and outcomes
- Clinical Governance Education and feedback to service
- Elective module selection to tailor the program to the learning needs of your organisation
2020 MANE Programs
The 2020 locations of MANE programs in Victoria are shown below. If you or your service would like to facilitate a MANE program in 2020, please contact the MSEP team for more information and dates.
|Cohuna District Hospital||Tues 18th - Weds 19th February|
|Swan Hill District Health||Tues 17th - Weds 18th March|
|Castlemaine Health (& Maryborough District Health Service)||Tues 21st – Weds 22nd April|
|Wimmera Health Care Group, Horsham||Weds 10th – Thurs 11th June|
|Colac Area Health||Tues 14th - Weds 15th July|
|Djerriwarrh Health Services, Bacchus Marsh||Tues 18th - Weds 19th August|
|Echuca Regional Health||Tues 15th - Weds 16th September|
|Portland District Health||Tues 13th - Weds 14th October|
|Bairnsdale Regional Health Service||Tues 17th - Weds 18th November|
|In negotiation||Tues 8th - Wed 9th December|
Select the following link to participant feedback and photo gallery