Childcare and early learning centre
The Women's Childcare and Early Learning Services
The Women's Childcare Services and Early Learning Centre is a workplace-based facility that provides early childhood education and care and an integrated funded kindergarten program in the heart of the Parkville health precinct.
We provide care and education to children aged six weeks to six years whose parents work at the Women's, Frances Perry House, The Royal Melbourne Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Staff are kindly invited to join the waitlist here:
|Please note: We are unable to offer occasional care to children whose parents are patients of the Women’s at this time.|
The Women's Childcare Services and Early Learning Centre provides childcare and kindergarten at the hospital’s Parkville site for employees of the Women’s, Frances Perry House, The Royal Melbourne Hospital and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
We are a not-for-profit and wholly owned and operated by the Royal Women’s Hospital and registered to educate and care for children from six weeks to six years of age.
Employees can access casual and ongoing enrolments and our hours of operation are 6:45am to 5:45pm, Monday to Friday. Casual enrolments are by availability only.
Priority is offered to employees of the Women’s with remaining available enrolments offered to our precinct hospital employees.
Employees can join our waitlist and will be contacted with further information once applications are received.
You will need to provide your child’s Immunisation History Statement to enrol. To obtain your child’s Immunisation History Statement, please visit Services Australia.
Please Note: If your child has a diagnosed Anaphylaxis, Allergy, Asthma, Eczema or other medical condition, the appropriate management plan and medication must be brought in with your child. Please speak with the Manager of Childcare Services to discuss which plan you are required to have.
For more information, please visit the Women’s staff Intranet or contact the Manager Childcare Services.
The centre also offers an integrated funded kindergarten program. Funding for kindergarten is available for children who turn three or four by April 30 in the year they will attend. Please speak with the Manager of Childcare Services to confirm your child’s eligibility to attend a funded kindergarten program at the Women’s.
Our team of early childhood educators and teachers bring a wealth of personal and professional experience to the Women’s. We are proud to be part of your child's learning journey and look forward to supporting the meaningful experiences they will engage in during their time with us.
Our team is made up of a diverse group of qualified industry professionals, each with different interests, values and philosophies which combined, drive our holistic and tailored programs. We embody the Women's values every day and strive to instil courage, passion, discovery and respect in our team and the children who are in our care.
The National Quality Framework (NQF) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations sets out the minimum qualification and educator-to-child ratio requirements for children’s education and care services.
Our centre works within the following ratios at all times:
- Birth to 24 months – 1:4
- Over 24 months and less than 36 months – 1:4
- 36 months up to and including pre-school age – 1:11
- Over pre-school age – 1:11
Employee care fees:
- Daily (1-4 days): $130.00 per day
- Weekly (5 days): $625.00 ($125.00 p/d)
- Fees are quoted before Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
- Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is available if families are eligible and have been approved by Services Australia. To apply for Child Care Subsidy (CCS), please click here.
- Fees are payable via our direct debit payment system – Childcare EasyPay. Cash payments and salary deductions are not available for employee childcare.
Employee care meals:
The centre provides breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea as part of your child’s enrolment. Individual allergies and food related medical requirements are catered for and our friendly team will discuss this with you during enrolment.
Please ensure all belongings from home are labelled. The Women’s does not take responsibility for lost items.
Please bring the following items with you for your child’s stay with us:
- Broad-brimmed sun hat
- Appropriate footwear (no thongs/crocs)
- Sun smart clothing (no exposed shoulders)
- A warm jacket/jumper to wear (important in winter)
- A cool top/shorts/dress with sleeves (important in summer)
- Drink bottle, formula/breastmilk (if needed)
- A change of clothes (in case of toileting/food accidents and in the event of water play)
- Nappy/Barrier Cream (if required)
- One comfort item which may help your child to settle into their day
Nappies are provided.
Prams/strollers can be stored for you.