Refereed research publications - 2018
- Baker, F. C., M. de Zambotti, I. M. Colrain, and B. Bei. 2018. 'Sleep problems during the menopausal transition: prevalence, impact, and management challenges', Nat Sci Sleep, 10: 73-95.
- Bei, B., L. D. Asarnow, A. Krystal, J. D. Edinger, D. J. Buysse, and R. Manber. 2018. 'Treating insomnia in depression: Insomnia related factors predict long-term depression trajectories', J Consult Clin Psychol, 86: 282-93.
- Boardman, J. M., B. Bei, A. Mellor, C. Anderson, T. L. Sletten, and S. P. A. Drummond. 2018. 'The ability to self-monitor cognitive performance during 60 h total sleep deprivation and following 2 nights recovery sleep', J Sleep Res, 27: e12633.
- Brown, L., V. Brown, F. Judd, and C. Bryant. 2018. 'It's not as bad as you think: menopausal representations are more positive in postmenopausal women', J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol, 39: 281-88.
- Holland, C., A. Hocking, L. Joubert, F. McDermott, M. D. Niski, F. Thomson Salo, and M. A. Quinn. 2018. 'My Kite Will Fly: Improving Communication and Understanding in Young Children When a Mother Is Diagnosed with Life-Threatening Gynecological Cancer', J Palliat Med, 21: 78-84.
- Judd, F., L. K. Newman, and A. A. Komiti. 2018. 'Time for a new zeitgeist in perinatal mental health', Aust N Z J Psychiatry, 52: 112-16.
- Khanna, R., G. Matta, B. Visa, and A. Ryan. 2018. 'Demographics and study practices of psychiatry trainees sitting the RANZCP written examinations', Australas Psychiatry, 26: 551-55.
- Kuswanto, C. N., L. Stafford, J. Sharp, and P. Schofield. 2018. 'Psychological distress, role, and identity changes in mothers following a diagnosis of cancer: A systematic review', Psychooncology, 27: 2700-08.
- Lee, V. W. W., and L. K. Newman. 2018. 'A model for the provision of integrated perinatal and infant mental health services in regional settings', Australas Psychiatry, 26: 531-33.
- Quek, J., C. Bennett, G. A. Melvin, N. Saeedi, M. S. Gordon, and L. K. Newman. 2018. 'An investigation of the mentalization-based model of borderline pathology in adolescents', Compr Psychiatry, 84: 87-94.
- Shen, L., J. van Schie, G. Ditchburn, L. Brook, and B. Bei. 2018. 'Positive and Negative Emotions: Differential Associations with Sleep Duration and Quality in Adolescents', J Youth Adolesc, 47: 2584-95.
- Sivaratnam, C., L. Newman, and N. Rinehart. 2018. 'Emotion-recognition and theory of mind in high-functioning children with ASD: Relationships with attachment security and executive functioning', Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 53: 31-40.
- Tatnell, R., P. Hasking, and L. Newman. 2018. 'Multiple mediation modelling exploring relationships between specific aspects of attachment, emotion regulation, and non-suicidal self-injury', Australian Journal of Psychology, 70: 48-56.
- Teague, S. J., L. K. Newman, B. J. Tonge, K. M. Gray, and M. HYPeDD team. 2018. 'Caregiver Mental Health, Parenting Practices, and Perceptions of Child Attachment in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder', J Autism Dev Disord, 48: 2642-52.
- Wilson, N., K. Wynter, J. Fisher, and B. Bei. 2018a. 'Postpartum fatigue: assessing and improving the psychometric properties of the Fatigue Severity Scale', Arch Womens Ment Health, 21: 471-74.
- ———. 2018b. 'Related but different: distinguishing postpartum depression and fatigue among women seeking help for unsettled infant behaviours', BMC Psychiatry, 18: 309.
- Wynter, K., N. Wilson, P. Thean, B. Bei, and J. Fisher. 2018. 'Psychological and sleep-related functioning among women with unsettled infants in Victoria, Australia: a cross-sectional study', J Reprod Infant Psychol: 1-16