Graduate nurse applications
Applications for 2020 are now closed. All first round interview invitations have been sent to applicants. More than one round of interviews may be required.
Bachelor of Nursing candidates must apply via Midwifery/Nursing in the Victorian Allocation and Placement System (APS) – formerly Computer Match. Application requirements are clearly outlined on the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria website.
Please follow the three step process below:
- Use the link to the Women's online recruitment site at the bottom of this page
- Login or register if you haven't done so already
- Find the graduate position/program you are interested in, and click on Apply Now.
Please note that you will need to apply for each of the positions/programs you are interested in.
- Cover Letter of application addressed to Kate O’Donnell, Clinical Education Parkville
- Résumé / CV including two referees together with a clear scanned photo of yourself attached to the front of your résumé / CV. The Women’s does not have a specific requirement regarding the length of your résumé/CV, but 2-3 pages is usually sufficient
- Certified copy of transcript of results or interim results
- Clinical Appraisals: Your two most recent clinical appraisals, one must be in an acute setting
- Completed Placement Options Preference Form. Every attempt will be made to place graduates in their preferred areas.
Applicants must request two clinical nursing referees to complete the Clinical Reference Check Form (CRCF). One reference must be in the acute nursing setting. Return via email to Clinical Education. The referee must email the completed CRCF to Clinical Education.
NO faxed or mailed clinical reference forms will be accepted!
This web page will be updated regularly to keep you informed of the progress of applications. Please check back regularly.
You will only be contacted if you are successful in gaining a first round interview.
More than one round of interviews may be required. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the 30th August, 2019.
Interviews for the 2020 graduate intake will take place in August and September 2019.
Once applicants have been short listed for an interview they will be contacted via email with a date and time.
Applicants must bring photo identification with them to the interview.
Interviews are interactive and consist of a one to one interview, group scenario and clinical scenario. Interviews will take two hours and include a welcome and introduction to working at the Women's.
Parking is limited and sometimes difficult to access at the Women's so please allow extra time for your trip if you are driving to your interview. Further information on getting to the Women's.
For enquiries about the online application process, contact HR Enquiries.
For more information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) resource.