Postgraduate Perioperative Education
The Operating Suite is part of Perioperative Services.
Perioperative Services at the Royal Women’s Hospital is a comprehensive dedicated department incorporating all aspects involved in surgical intervention for patients.
The following departments are included:
- Surgical Pre admission Clinic
- Booking Office
- Anaesthetic Department
- Acute Pain Services
- Operating Theatre
- Day Surgery Unit.
The Operating Suite provides surgical services 24 hours per day, seven days a week, and consists of seven (7) operating theatres including:
- one dedicated emergency theatre
- a ten (10) bay Post Anaesthetic Care Unit ( PACU).
Surgical specialties include obstetrics, gynaecology, urogynaecology, breast, and oncology.
To apply for the 2023 Postgraduate Perioperative course, you must:
- Be a registered nurse or hold a dual degree (registered nurse and registered midwife) with a minimum of one year post registration experience in an acute health care setting
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Meet the eligibility and entry requirements for post-graduate study (neonatal practice) through Deakin University. For further information, see the Deakin University website.
- Be able to work a minimum of 32 hours per week across all shifts (AM, PM, Night Duty).
How to apply
All applications must be submitted: via the Women's Careers web section.
Applications open: Monday 6 June 2022
Applications close: Sunday 25 September 2022
Interviews to take place: Second week of October 2022
For more information:
- Carmen Barry, Nurse Unit Manager, Perioperative Services 8345 3377
- Anna Di Cosmo, Floor Coordinator, Perioperative Services 8345 3331