Postgraduate Neonatal Education
The Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is one of four tertiary level nurseries in Melbourne.
Specialist care is provided to approximately 1600 premature and medically very unwell babies per year (695 Intensive Care). With our tertiary partners at MMC, MWH and RCH we care for the most premature and critically unwell babies across Victoria. The unit also has a key role in providing education and training for local, national and international health professionals as well as an extensive research program.
The Women’s neonatal unit has been designed as one unit with both intensive and special care nursery pods; 27 NICU cots and 32 SCN cots. Our model of Care is built on keeping mothers and babies together, underpinned by continuity, consistency and engagement with babies, parents’ and families, who are at the heart of everything we do.
Our postgraduate learners are an integral part of the newborn intensive care unit (NICU) team and are supported through their learning journey by a dedicated team of health professionals, educators and clinical support. Learners are engaged on an employment model to complete their post-graduate studies in neonatal nursing.
To apply you must:
- Be a registered nurse or hold a dual degree ( registered nurse and registered midwife) with a minimum of one year post registration experience in an acute health care setting
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Meet the eligibility and entry requirements for post-graduate study (neonatal practice) through one of the Women’s partner Universities – The University of Melbourne or LaTrobe University
Be able to work a minimum of 32 hours per week across all shifts (AM, PM, Night Duty).
For further information, contact:
Amanda Wojtylak, Clinical Nurse Educator, Neonatal Services 03 8345 2652
Emma Pert, Nurse Unit Manager, Neonatal Services 03 8345 2676
- Jobs currently available at the Women's
- Clinical Education at the Women's contact us
- University of Melbourne Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Neonatal Intensive Care)
- LaTrobe University Master of Nursing