Maternity Care Clinics
The Maternity Care Clinics are multidisciplinary clinics providing care to pregnant women with both low and high risk pregnancies.
Clinics provide primary and tertiary care, and are comprised of obstetricians (including maternal fetal medicine), midwives, GPs, psychiatrists, social workers, dieticians, physiotherapists and haematologists.
- High and low risk maternity care
- General obstetrics
- Maternal and fetal medicine
- Mental health issues
- Haematological and medical complex issues
- Women with high risk pregnancies requiring tertiary care from the north-west of Victoria
- Women who are pregnant and fall within the Women’s local metropolitan area
- Women who are outside the Women’s local area.
Pregnancy clinics operate six days a week.
Pregnancy care is provided by the maternity teams on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday evenings.
The Maternal Fetal Medicine clinics are an exception - these clinics operate on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Strathmore, Footscray and Fawkner satellite clinics
Strathmore: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Please complete and fax the Fast Fax Referral form.
On receipt of referral every client and referring doctor receives an acknowledgement letter explaining details of what needs to be done while waiting for an appointment. In the case of any complications arising before appointment dates, the doctor can send more information that will be considered for the client to get an earlier appointment.
- Information for women - includes pregnancy care options
- Find health information for your patient
- Find a health information fact sheet for your patient
- Referral forms and information