Fertility Preservation Service
The Fertility Preservation Service provides medical fertility preservation consultation, assessment and advice for girls, young women, boys and young men whose fertility is at risk from a medical condition such as cancer (or other serious disease) or its treatment, a genetic issue compromising fertility or having a family, or gender identity management.
The service provides assisted reproductive technologies including:
- Oocyte (egg) cryopreservation
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Testicular tissue cryopreservation
- Ovarian protection therapy during gonadotoxic therapy
The service also provides:
- Counselling for patients undergoing treatment
- Ongoing consultation and assessments throughout reproductive life for these patients
- Patients with a serious medical issue which may compromise fertility
- Patients about to undergo surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatment
- Patients at risk of premature ovarian insufficiency
- Patients undergoing gender affirming therapies
Patients are seen as urgently as required.
Please complete and fax the Fertility Preservation Referral Referral form on this page or call Fertility Preservation Service Reception.
Contact the Fertility Preservation Nurse directly or or page the Royal Women’s Hospital Reproductive Services on-call Fellow via the Main Switchboard number.
An acknowledgement letter will be sent directly to the patient and the GP will be notified. The patient will then receive a letter with the appointment details.