Reproductive Services Clinic
The Women's Reproductive Services Clinic assists people of all genders who have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive or who have issues which may prevent or impair fertility or safe conception.
We provide Victorians with access to comprehensive, world-class fertility services including a public fertility service and a low-cost fertility service.
Our public fertility service is subject to the following criteria:
- patient must be a Victorian resident and holder of a Medicare card
- the egg to be fertilised (either patient's own or from a donor) must be no older than 42 years at time of treatment.
Our low-cost fertility treatment is subject to the following criteria:
- patient has been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for more than six months
- patient’s own eggs are less than 46 years at time of treatment, or less than 51 years if donor eggs are to be provided
- patient’s BMI is less than 35.
- fertility investigation (male and female)
- assisted reproductive technologies (IUI, IVF and ICSI)
- donor sperm, egg and embryo programs
- counselling for patients undergoing treatment
Services we do not provide
The following services are not available through the public hospital system:
- reversal of sterilisation procedures
- patients requiring Pre Implantation Genetic Testing ( PGT)
- non-altruistic surrogacy
- elective egg freezing.
Options for these procedures are available from private providers.
Tests and investigations needed prior to referral:
If as a GP or specialist you are considering referring a patient to our Reproductive Services Clinic, you will first need to undertake the below tests and investigations.
Please attach the results of these tests and investigations in your referral. The referral form can be downloaded below and then faxed to the Women's at (03) 8345 3036.
All referrals will be valid for 12 months.
The referral is valid for 12 months.
Required tests to order and send with your referral
Primary patient investigations
Partner tests (if they are accessing this service with a partner):
Please call Reproductive Services Reception on (03) 8345 3200 to speak to the receiving registrar. If a consultant has advised you previously that they wish to be contacted directly, please contact them directly.
Clinical triage staff will review your referral. If all the appropriate information has been provided, they will approve it.
An acknowledgement letter will be sent directly to the patient and their GP or specialist will be notified. The patient will then receive a letter with the appointment details.
Our Reproductive Services clinic operates between 9am and 5pm, Monday – Friday.