Online childbirth education classes
- Online childbirth education classes
- Online childbirth education videos
- Parkville maternity video tour
The Royal Women’s Hospital is now offering Childbirth and Early Parenting education, using video livestreaming for patients of the Women's.
This program is offered using Zoom, an easy-to-use livestreaming platform. Participants can access expert education and advice from the Women’s childbirth educators in the comfort of their own home.
There will be a number of programs throughout 2021.
To be eligible to attend you need to be pregnant with your first baby and birthing at the Women’s.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Signs of labour, including when to come to hospital
- Progress of labour and birth
- Role of the support person
- Practical coping methods during labour
- Medical options for pain management
- Assistance with birth
- Understanding breastfeeding
- Safe sleeping and settling
- Communicating with your baby
- Community supports for the family
To view dates and make bookings:
- The Women's booking website for Childbirth Education Classes - Parkville
- The Women's booking website for Childbirth Education Classes - Sandringham
Please choose your dates carefully as this program will fill quickly. It will not be possible to change your booking.