blood transfusion and blood products
- Appointments & bookings
- Clinics & services
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- Childbirth education
- Health record requests
- Parkville Health Hub
- Patient fees & billing
- Rights & responsibilities
- Telehealth Service
- Your privacy
- Your visit
The Health Victoria website (Department of Health and Human Services) has useful information about blood transfusions. The information on the site can answer questions such as:
- Why would I need a blood transfusion?
- What is a blood component/product?
- What do these different blood components/products do?
- Is the blood safe?
- Are there any alternatives to blood transfusion?
- How do I receive a blood transfusion?
- Is there anything I need to do during the transfusion?
The downloadable PDFs are available in English, Dinka, Macedonian and Serbian.