New visitors policy
While pandemic restrictions have eased in Victoria, hospitals are still considered to be high-risk areas.
To ensure the safety of all patients, staff and visitors during this time, the Women’s has some visitor restrictions in place. We know this will be disappointing for some people and we appreciate your ongoing understanding and support.
All visitors must:
- comply with all screening and infection control measures put in place by the hospital
- wear a single use surgical face mask in our hospital
When visiting, please ensure you:
- keep at least 1.5 metres apart from others
- wash or sanitise your hands after using lifts, holding railings and every time you enter and exit the patient’s room
- follow hospital rules and directives from staff
- follow rules about wearing specific masks, gloves or gowns if requested by staff.
At the Women's in Parkville and Sandringham, Frances Perry House and Level 2 private suites the following visitor policy applies:
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Nursery – Two (2) parents or guardians welcome together at any time. Up to two (2) other visitors (adults or children) can visit together during visiting hours: 2pm-8pm. Maximum of three (3) people per cot at any one time.
- Birth Centre – Two (2) birth partners can be with a patient during labour and birth with no time limit.
- All wards – Two (2) people (adults or children) per bed at any one time. Visiting hours are 2pm-8pm. Partner or designated support person counted as a visitor but can visit outside of visiting hours.
- Outpatient clinic and imaging appointments – One (1) partner or designated support person can accompany a patient to their clinic or imaging appointment. Please note: space in in clinical rooms and waiting areas is limited so partner/support person may be asked to wait outside.
- Day Surgery – Patients only. One (1) partner/ support person can drop patient at Day Surgery but cannot wait in the hospital. They will receive a phone call when patient is ready to be collected from the hospital.
- Women’s Emergency Care (WEC) – One (1) partner or support person, no time limit. Please note: space in WEC waiting area is limited so partner/support person may be asked to wait outside.
- Children – Babies 12 months or younger can accompany their mother in our hospital buildings. All other children to visit as outlined above.
Visitor exemptions will be considered in cases of end-of-life or other exceptional circumstance with a written exemption. Please call the hospital at least one day before your visit, appointment or admission to discuss.