Planning a visit
- Vaccine information
- Planning a visit
- Visitor restrictions
- Screening measures
- Your hospital visit or stay
- Advice for pregnant women
- COVID and feeding your baby
- Translated resources
- Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- Support for people with lived experience of disability
- Tips to reduce your risk
Under current Government COVIDSafe Settings in Metropolitan Melbourne, you cannot leave your home unless you are doing it for one of the five following reasons:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- care and caregiving, including medical care and getting a COVID-19 test
- authorised work and permitted study
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
Protecting vulnerable populations is critical during the restrictions period.
You can attend a hospital or medical facility for the purposes of getting a COVID-19 test, COVID-19 vaccination or seeking medical care.
Visitors are only allowed at hospitals for limited reasons. These are:
- If you are the parent, guardian or carer of a child who is a patient in hospital
- If you are providing support that is necessary for the patient’s emotional or physical wellbeing (including mental health support and support for people living with dementia)
- If you are a nominated person under the Mental Health Act, then you can visit the patient
- If you are providing interpreter or informal language support to enable the delivery of care by the care team, then you can visit the patient
- If you are learning to support the patient’s care upon discharge
- If you are the carer of a patient with a disability
- A patient whose medical condition is life threatening can have visitors
- A patient who is dying and/or receiving end-of-life care can have visitors
- A patient attending an emergency department or outpatient clinic can have someone accompany them if it is necessary for them to do so
- A pregnant woman or patient in a maternity ward can have their partner or support person visit or attend hospital with them.
Read about the Women’s visitor restrictions here.