- Appointments & bookings
- Clinics & services
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- Childbirth education
- Health record requests
- Parkville Health Hub
- Patient fees & billing
- Rights & responsibilities
- Telehealth Service
- Your privacy
- Your visit
The Women's Parkville campus now has a new electronic medical record (EMR) system to improve the way we deliver patient care.
The EMR is shared by the Women’s Parkville Campus, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and The Royal Children’s Hospital.
Your hospital information will be secure in the EMR and only accessed by staff involved with your care and treatment.
The EMR will make it quicker and easier for your healthcare team to find the information they need to provide the best care to you and your family.
How an EMR can improve patient care
Your care team will have:
- A complete picture of your care and treatment across the Parkville health services.
- Access to your most up-to-date information at all times.
- Equipment, such as mobile workstations, handheld devices and barcode scanners, to help them deliver and record your care.
- Support to make the best clinical decision with the help of prompts, alerts and reminders in the system.
- Immediate notification if you for any reason need urgent care.
If you are coming to hospital for appointments you will:
- Find it easier to move between hospitals – your information will be in the system so you won’t have to repeat your story or fill out unnecessary paperwork.
- Have more access to your own information – you will be able to access parts of your medical record where and when you need it through the Parkville Health Hub.
When staying in hospital you will:
- Wear a barcode on your wristband so your information can be checked – this will help to safeguard your care with processes such as providing medicines.
You can also allow your local doctor (GP) or other referring specialist to access information about your treatment using the secure Parkville Connect portal.
Protecting your privacy
Visit our privacy page to find out more about how your private information is stored and managed in the EMR.
Speak to our staff if you have questions or concerns about how your private information is stored and managed.