The types of information we may collect includes:
- your name and other contact details (e.g. your physical address, email address, phone number);
- account information (e.g. username and password (hash of password only));
- sensitive information (e.g. your race or ethnic origin);
- relevant health information (e.g. your medical records, prescriptions, allergies and other health information);
- government related identifiers (e.g. Medicare number);
- technical information, such as information collected from your use of the App (e.g. your interaction with, and activity in, the App) and any integrated products and services;
- location information, while you are using the App, to provide location-based services; and
- device information (e.g. device ID number, model, and manufacturer, IP address, and operating system version).
We will only collect and use sensitive information and health information with your consent or as required by law. Such information will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise in accordance with Victorian Privacy Law. We will not use or disclose your sensitive information or health information to any third party except as required or permitted by law.
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- directly from you or your parent or guardian (such as where you provided information to us, including when you access the App or our website, complete a form or application, or you contact us with a query or request or to resolve and issues);
- from third parties, including government regulators, law enforcement agencies and other government agencies, as well as third parties engaged to assist us with the App; and
- via other automatic data collection, such as cookies and your device location information.
If your personal information is collected from a third party, we will notify you of such where reasonably practicable.
We may also use your personal information for a range of different purposes, including to:
- provide you with, and support the functionality and operation of, the App and any integrated products and services;
- compile anonymous statistical data to conduct research and develop app features, and to perform data analysis;
- resolve any troubleshoot problems, and to maintain and improve the App;
- responding to any enquiries and handling complaints; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
We may disclose your personal information (excluding health and sensitive information) to other health professionals and third parties, including but not limited to:
- when specifically authorised by you;
- regulatory bodies, and government agencies;
- third parties engaged by us to perform functions or provide products or services;
- third parties we engage to assist us with our functions or services, including contractors and service provides used for information technology services and support, archiving, App maintenance and development, but only for the purpose of fulfilling those services; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Subject to your consent, we may provide information, including sensitive and health information, about you to your healthcare provider and healthcare provider organisation involved in your healthcare, as well as other healthcare specialists.
When disclosing your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party complies with laws substantially similar to Victorian Privacy Law.
The App does use third party services that will collect information used to identify you, namely Epic Systems Corporation. You can read more about Epic System Corporation’s privacy approach here.
We have in place steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access and disclosure. We store all registration information, encrypted user IDs, device diagnostic information and contact data, in the data store. It is a secure cloud-based facility, using infrastructure located in Australia, which has been classified as appropriate for storage of data up to the ‘protected’ security level.
We will only transfer personal or health information outside Victoria if the recipient is subject to laws substantially similar to Victorian Privacy Law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we require it for our purposes or as permitted or required by law. When we no longer require your personal information, we will take all necessary steps to permanently destroy or de-identify it.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This App does not use “cookies” explicitly. However, the App may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this App.
When you use our App, such as to change or cancel appointments or to find community information (i.e. maps, public transport, banks, etc.), we may collect information about your location.
Location data is only used at the time we are providing services to you via the App. If you wish to use the App’s location-service features, you will be asked to consent to your location data being used for this purpose. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so at any time by disabling location-services functions on your device.
We do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes or other use-based data mining purposes.
You can update your personal information from within the App. If you are unable to update your personal information, we can update such information we hold about you.
We take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, current, complete and relevant. If it is out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us as set out below. We may decline your request to access or correct your personal information in accordance with the Victorian Privacy Law. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision.
We will provide you with the opportunity to deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable (e.g. when making a general enquiry or requesting a policy or other non-sensitive document from us). If you choose to deal with us anonymously or pseudonymously, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the App or any integrated products or services.
We do not assign, use or disclose unique identifiers to you unless it is necessary to do so to carry out one of our functions efficiently or is allowed or required by law. Examples of unique identifiers belonging to other organisations include Medicare numbers, tax file numbers and drivers licence numbers.
If you would like further information about the way we manage personal information, or wish to complain, please contact us using the details below and we will investigate the issue. We will notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made.
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you may direct your concerns to either:
Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner
Phone 1300 006 842
Mail PO Box 24274
Melbourne VIC 3001
Health Complaints Commissioner
Phone 1300 582 113
Online Form https://hcc.vic.gov.au/make-complaint
Please note that the relevant Commissioner may decline to hear your complaint if it has not first been made to us.
This policy is effective as of 23rd September.
If you have any privacy related questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone (03) 8345 2610
Email Click here to email
Mail Consumer Liaison, The Royal Women's Hospital,
Locked Bag 300, Grattan St & Flemington Rd,
Parkville VIC 3052
The Royal Melbourne Hospital - Privacy Officer
Phone (03) 9342 7799
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre - Consumer Liaison Officer
Phone (03) 8559 7517
Email Click here to email
Mail Consumer Liaison,
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre,
305 Grattan Street, Melbourne VIC 3000