Maternity Update program
The Maternity Update is is an online program facilitated by midwifery educators from MSEP in conjunction with expert speakers from The Royal Women’s Hospital.
The program provides updates on the latest information, research, and guidelines influencing clinical care across the maternity continuum.
The program consists of:
- Part 1
2-hour didactic presentation delivered by MSEP Educator/Guest Speaker
- Part 2
1-hour clinical skills stations (if applicable) delivered by the site clinical educator
- Part 3
Competency assessment as per organisation (if applicable)
Examples of available online learning modules:
- Antenatal Care & Screening
- Abdominal Palpation & FH Auscultation
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- Birth Centre Skills E.g., ARM, FSE, Speculum Examination, Episiotomy, VE’s
- Obstetric Emergency Management E.g., PPH, Shoulder Dystocia, Cord Prolapse
- Escalation of Care
- Postnatal Care and Complications
- Introduction to Newborn Examination
- Bladder Care
Other topics are also available.
Flexible learning models are co-designed with services.
Contact the MSEP team for further information and bookings.